Last version May 1, 2023
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Information on our websites
- Safeguards and Retention
- Your choices
- Access to Information
- Contacting Us
1.COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect and use your personal information, including when you:
- Visit or obtain health care or wellness services at a Quatuor MD health care facility or through our virtual care services;
- Create an account to access and use the portal;
- Make an appointment;
- Purchase a membership or service from Quartuor MD;
- Sign up to receive marketing emails about Quatuor MD resources, services, offers and/or events;
- Participate in a survey from Quatuor MD;
- Give your consent to participate in a study;
- Apply for a job with Quatuor MD;
- Visit the clinic;
- Contact Quatuor
Health Care and Wellness Services:
We collect your personal health information to enable Quatuor MD health care providers to provide you with health care services when you visit our clinic, receive virtual care services, use our Portal or otherwise engage with us. We may also collect relevant personal health information about you from your other health care providers to enable Quatuor MD’s health care providers to provide our health care services to you. This information is stored in your electronic health record and is accessible to health care providers, employees, agents and contractors in our clinics and through virtual care technologies. We also collect personal information (which may include personal health information) to provide wellness services to you. The information we collect to provide you with wellness services is not stored in your electronic medical record.
While the nature of the personal health information you provide to us is specific to you and your health care needs, we may generally collect information such as your name, gender, date of birth, general health concerns, personal and family medical history (including information about any treatment, diagnosis or prescription), information about appointments with physicians and medical referrers, health care records (including reports and imaging results), your health insurance card number, and other relevant health information in order to determine your suitability for, schedule, and provide health care services to you.
Virtual Care Services:
Quatuor MD’s health care providers offer virtual care services to provide non- emergency health care remotely, via real-time audio or video technology. If you choose to use our virtual care services, Quatuor MD may require you to verify your identity, such as by showing the provider your government-issued photo ID at the beginning of your virtual care session. Virtual care sessions are not recorded.
We do our best to ensure the privacy and security of the information you share with us during virtual care sessions. However, as with all online communications, there is a risk that your medical information may be intercepted or disclosed unintentionally. To reduce this risk, you should be in a private location and not use an employer’s or other person’s computer or device. For more information, please see the Virtual Care Client Information Sheet included in your reservation confirmation email.
Quatuor MD application:
As a Quatuor MD client, you will create an online account to access and use the portal to communicate with us, access test results, and use our virtual care services. In order to create and administer your account and authenticate you, we will collect your full name, email address, date of birth, and a password created by you. We also collect your health card number to provide you with provincially funded health resources and to accurately identify and link your personal health information records. You will also have the opportunity to add information to your account profile, such as your gender, address, preferred telephone number, emergency contact information, marital status, employment status, work location, and role, that helps us understand your needs and tailor our products, services and prices to your needs. The information contained in your account profile on the portal may be automatically updated to reflect the information you provide to Quatuor MD when you book a service or visit our clinic. You are responsible for keeping your username and password secure and not sharing them with anyone else. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (letters, phone calls or emails).
Making an Appointment:
We collect personal information when you schedule an appointment with a health care provider. This information may include the type of visit you want (i.e., in-person, virtual or telephone), your name, the reason for the appointment, your medical history and emergency contact information. We use this information to schedule your appointment and provide the health care provider with the information they need to provide health care services to you. For some products and services, we will request a credit card number at the time of booking, as described below.
If you purchase a product, service or membership from Quartuor MD, we (or our authorized third-party payment provider) will collect your full name, payment information (including billing address, credit card number, expiration data and CVV code) or, if applicable, your private health insurance information, in order to process the transaction and to enable Quartuor MD’s health care providers to provide you with the health care services you have purchased.
Providing health information and educational materials is an essential feature of Quatuor MD’s service offerings. When you join MD Quatuor (or if we have your consent), we collect and use your full name, email address and/or cell phone number to send you marketing communications, including information about Quatuor MD resources, services, offers, events and promotions that may be tailored to your interests and interactions with Quatuor MD.
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email or by adjusting your preferences via your account profile on the portal. You may also opt out of receiving future email marketing communications by contacting us using the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that you may continue to receive transactional, informational, or account-related communications even if you unsubscribe from marketing communications.
From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our surveys. We may use the information obtained from our surveys, which may include personal health information, to review and identify opportunities to improve our delivery of health care and wellness services to our clients and as explained to you at the time of the survey.
Research and Analysis:
From time to time, Quatuor MD may participate in medical research projects using previously or prospectively collected personal health information for the purpose of improving the health and wellness services offered by Quatuo rMD and advancing medical knowledge. Quatuor MD will not use or disclose your personal health information in connection with these projects in a manner that identifies you without your prior consent or in a manner consistent with applicable law, such as with the approval of a research ethics board. Quatuor MD may generate de-identified information and disclose it to third parties who are part of the research project and are required to use the data for the purposes of the study. De-identified information is information from which identifiers and other information have been removed so that it is not reasonably foreseeable that the information could be used, alone or in combination with other information, to identify an individual. Quatuor MD may also generate and analyze de-identified data to create comparative statistical reports across client groups or industries to better understand health trends and improve Quatuor MD’s operations, products and services.
These benchmarking reports can be shared with third parties (such as Quatuor MD’s corporate clients) to provide insight into client and business populations on an aggregate basis.
We may conduct video recording for security purposes using cameras located in public areas of our clinic, such as the reception area and the entrance and exit areas of the clinic. In areas of our clinic where we are video recording, we will post signs to notify you.
You may contact Quatuor MD, including by phone, email or through the Portal. When you contact us with a comment, question or concern, you may provide information that identifies you, such as your name, email address and phone number, as well as additional information that we need to help us respond promptly to your question or comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future.
2.SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as described below or as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Other Health Care Providers: We may share your personal information with other health care providers and facilities (e.g., another physician or health care practitioner, an allied health professional or member of your clinical care team, a public hospital, pharmacy, laboratory, or ambulance service) for the purpose of providing continuity of your We may also share your personal information if necessary to contact your family or a potential substitute decision maker.
- Employers and Other Third Parties: When Quatuor MD services are made available to you by your employer as part of your benefit plan, we may share with your employer aggregated and de-identified data regarding the use of Quatuor MD We may also share limited personal information with your employer for billing and invoice reconciliation purposes. Quatuor MD may create and share reports containing aggregated and de-identified data with other third parties, such as benchmarking or other comparative reports.
- Benefit Providers: We may disclose certain personal information to your benefit provider in order to coordinate payment, including your name, date of service and service We may also share certain Personal Information with the Quebec Health Insurance Plan for billing of publicly funded services.
- Referrals to affiliated clinics: When Quatuor MD services are offered to you as part of a benefit through your employer, but there is no Quatuor MD clinic in your area, we may refer you to an affiliated clinic that has partnered with us and disclose certain information about you, such as your employer, full name, gender, address, telephone number and email address, to that affiliated We may also disclose this information to ensure continuity of your care and to enable you to access and use health care services offered by clinics other than Quatuor MD in other locations outside of Quebec.
- Service Providers: Your personal information may be transferred to (or otherwise made available to) third parties who provide services to us or on our We use third parties to provide us with services such as laboratory testing, virtual care technology, printing, mail delivery, cloud storage services, payment card processing and recruiting. Our service providers only receive the information they need to perform their assigned functions. They are not permitted to use or disclose personal information for commercial or other purposes.
- Research Partners: As described above, Quatuor MD may participate in medical research projects from time to time, including with third party Quatuor MD may generate de-identified information and disclose it to third parties who are part of the research project and who are required to use the data for the purposes of the study.
- Law Enforcement and Compliance: We and our Canadian, U.S. and foreign service providers may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purpose of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or to detect, suppress or prevent fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by U.S. or foreign courts, law enforcement or other governmental authorities. Your personal information may also be disclosed as necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or damage to persons or property.
- Sale of Business:We may transfer our customer information as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition, or sale (including transfers made in connection with insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of QuatuorMD.
3.INFORMATION ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
- Visiting our website: In general, you can visit our websites without telling us who you are or submitting any personal However, we do collect the IP (Internet Protocol) addresses of all visitors to our websites and other related information such as the pages requested, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our websites. We use this information to help us understand our website activity and to monitor and improve our websites.
- Cookies: Our websites use a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a tiny element of data that our websites send to a user’s browser, which may then be stored on the user’s hard drive so we can recognize the user’s computer or device when they return to the site. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to refuse to accept certain However, if you choose not to accept cookies from our websites, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the websites’ features.
- Analytics: Our website also use web analytics services such as Google Analytics to help us collect and analyze information about the areas visited on the websites (such as most-read pages, time spent, search terms and other engagement data) in order to evaluate and improve the user experience and the websites. For more information about Google Analytics or to prevent the recording and processing of this data (including your IP address) by Google, you can download and install the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. You can also obtain further information on the privacy and security of Google Analytics data at the following links:
- https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and
- Tracking Tags and Web Beacons: Websites may also use a technology called “tracking tags” or “web This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on the websites. These trackers are used to help us optimize and tailor the Websites for you and other future visitors to the Websites
4.SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal information in our custody and control from theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. The only Quatuor MD employees and service providers who have access to our clients’ personal information are those who have a “need to know” such information to perform their job duties.
Quatuor MD may also create and retain de-identified or anonymous personal information for internal research and analysis purposes, including to improve our business operations.
- Marketing Communications: If you receive our marketing communications by email, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or by changing your preferences in your account profile on the You may also opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us at the contact information listed in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Withdrawing Your Consent: If you have consented to our collection, use or disclosure of personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time (subject to our legal or contractual restrictions) by contacting us at the contact information listed If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services.
- Closing Your Account: You may also close your account on the portal at any time. To close your account or request the deletion of personal information contained in your account profile, please contact us at the contact information below. If you choose to close your account or delete the personal information contained in your account profile, we may retain certain information (including your medical records) to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. For more information, see the “Safeguards and Retention” section above.
6.ACCESSING AND UPDATING INFORMATION
Subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to access, review, update and request correction of inaccuracies in your personal information and personal health information in our custody and control (and, in some provinces, to authorize another person to receive a copy of your personal health information). You may make these requests by sending us an e-mail or writing to us at the contact information listed below. You may also update your personal information in your account profile or by calling Quatuor MD. We may ask you for certain personal information when you make such a request in order to verify your identity.
800 du Square-Victoria Street Bur. 2700,
Montreal, Quebec, H3C 0B4
Phone : 514-312-7828